Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Bathroom makeover

Sorry I have been MIA, I was up at my daughter's condo redoing her 1980's bathroom.

There are no before pictures...of course...

I took out my first toilet and my first medicine cabinet and light fixture combo....I thought I could put in the new light fixture but there was no junction box


sigh...

I called my electrician brother-in-law (who was putting in the new toilet the next day) and he said he would add it to his list of projects !!

Gotta love him !




My daughter and I put in a new floor. We used self stick vinyl tiles. We had some gaps and I filled them with a silicone matching caulk.
All in all it came out great. It has a mirror instead of a medicine cabinet. It turns out if you have a surface medicine cabinet it presents a problem with the light -if they are the same width coming out of the wall ! 
 
Here are a few more pictures

We painted the vanity espresso and but in new brushed nickel knobs. Jackie got some countertop paint and will paint out the burgundy counter top !
Those cute pictures above the toilet are from the Christmas Tree Shops-they are old fashion bathing suits, in shadow boxes, with striped towels. 
The only thing left to do is switch out the lower towel rack for hooks, get some cute striped towels for a pop of color and change the shower curtain.
 
Chris

No comments:

Post a Comment